Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

As an American-German couple can we move to Spain and open a small business without major problems?

Immigration Law

Antonio Flores Vila

5th of March 2000

Q. I am a German citizen, my husband is American, we would like to move to Spain, buy some property and possibly open up a small business. Does my EU citizenship make it easier? Do you know who we can contact to more specific information?

San Francisco, CA

    A. I think you came to the right place. The German consulate or embassy in Spain can provide you with extra information, but they will ask you to instruct a lawyer to help you out.

    Given that you are German citizen, your husband will be able to live in Spain with you with no extra requirements or permissions. Even if he was not married to you (being an EU citizen) he would not have much trouble to obtain residence in Spain. But there is a procedure for everyone and paperwork to do.

    Let me know where and when you are planning to come to Spain and we can take it from there.

Featured Links: Apply for your Spanish NIE Number
© 1999-2024 Professional Ideas SL All Rigths Reserved - Copyright Notice    - Interesting Resources | Glossary | Terms of Use | Contact Information Contact Details    
Professional Ideas SL CIF: B92930627 - Tomo: 4505 - Libro 3414 - Folio 196 - Hoja MA-97033