Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: can I pay "a plazos"

Hybrid View

The tax office would proceed to seize anything in your name. If of course this debt is in your name. The best thing to do is to go to the tax office as soon as possible and explain to them to the situation. If you feel more comfortable negotiating it via an accountant / lawyer please contact us. We will be happy to help you.
    Last edited by Marta; 11-04-2010 at 07:45 PM.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default linked clagont

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    The tax office would proceed to seize anything in your name. If of course this debt is in your name. The best thing to do is to go to the tax office as soon as possible and explain to them to the situation. If you feel more comfortable negotiating it via an accountant / lawyer please contact us. We will be happy to help you.
    hello, again, my gestor is saying just don't contact them and when you sell your house take the money and run! but I don't agree with him, surely once I sell my house they will just take the money anyway?
    And can the tax man not look for me in the uk?

Plus is it true that if I contact them myself voluntarily, they will lower the fine?
    How long will it take until I actually get the fine, if I contact them, will it be weeks or months?

I really appreciate your help.

Your legal obligation is to pay your outstanding taxes so I can't really agree with your gestor. It is also important to note that the debt collection process is becoming more and more unified and efficient, especially throughout Europe. Therefore I wouldn’t be surprised if in the future you are contacted with regards to this in your home country.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile