Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 36 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Joey123

I think the people working at OVP were unaware of what actually ended up happening as it happened, although they must have suspected something amiss at some stage.

I would leave them be and if they post something, welcome it, not have a go at them. They should be willling to co-operate with Staff Police though. This fraud I believe came from the top. I would be interested in the name of the 5 of 6 and who the ex-ovp person feels was responsible and which one was not. Anger must be direct where due. Who was controling the flow of money. Who was living like a King at our expense?

Unregistered

I cannot confirm whether or not this is up todate information, but I have seen Longdon Hall up for sale. On one site it states 'under offer'.
    I jolly well hope that Grant Thornton have firm control over this sale. The property is owned by Colin Thomas so any funds from any sale will have to be frozen and held until all investigations into Colin's illegal scam have been completed.

Joey123

why post the above info here?? Can't you deal with this with Grant Thornton and tell how you got on? Longdon Hall was never an asset of OVP, as you know, but also, as you know, the money we entrusted to OVP which was supposed to be held separately but must have been used to fund the refurb of this property and pay for rent to CT to pay the mortgage he had from Barclays Bank on this.

I thought GT had frozen certain assets? Anyone buying this asset eventually could risk it being taken under the POCA, surely?? That said, it depend on their being a sucessfull prosecution first. there's more chances of England qetting through the group stages!

I think we will not get any joy and the crimnals will get away with this one.

Unregistered

you **** if you posted something of relevance not something that is common knowledge then perhaps people wold take us seriously
    Last edited by ifv; 06-24-2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Please be polite. No need to be rude and insult. Everyone is trying to help. Thanks.

Joey123

Exactly who are you aiming that comment at? This matter is being taken seriously. There is not going to be much new news is there? Staff Police need the support of the SFO and GT are doing their work? OVP stuctured the scam in such a way to make it as difficult as possible to invesitagate and with this being a cross border invesiagation involving other companies it is so easy for the criminals to make it easy to get away with this scam

Unregistered

My husband and I are rather confused by the above comment. What will these kind of comments achieve. We are in a very difficult position having just retired and quite frankly do not appreciate these type of comments. If your going to comment please be constructive and more considerate to those that are going through hell at the moment.

Joey123

i have had the posting removed

Unregistered

Unhappy new home

I hear ricarda just purchased a five million villa in costa rica, though a remax realtor, at least he putting are money to good use and enjoying himself. We all have lost everything he and his friends are involved in. I must move on and face the truth, will be forced to work till I die, thanks to him

Unregistered

Default OVP

I can tell you for certain the SFO and Staffs police had a meeting two weeks ago to try and decide who is going to deal with this mess we are in. I think the SFO will end up dealing with it. Anybody with any information should contact D I Spears at Staffs Police.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by denise View Post
    I have sent numerous letters to Thornton and have not received one word.
    My husband has had cancer and now only has one kidney and lives from day to day with complications .This I think is because of the upset that we have had and we are now bankrupt
    Read the message regarding contacting media. Sent a letter to watchdog years ago stating I thought something was not right when I did not receive my deposit back. When my apartment was resold .
    Did not hear one word