Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms

Unregistered from Norway

Default Norway, out of all places..

I got a letter written today in English from METILO ABOGADOS & ASSOCIDOS.
    Calle del Halcón, 54, 28025 (I googleMapped it, and it did not seem like a street where lawyers would be..)
    Madrid, Espana
    Barr. Ramos Carlos
    email: carlosramos474@yahoo.es - I mean come on.. Yahoo?
    Tel: 00-34-658-501-067

He said some guy with the same surname as mine had worked with him in the Mining and Smelting Company in Spain for thirteen years. He died in a car accident with his wife and kids in 2004.
    He says that this guy had 11.5 million US dollars to the next of kin, which he meant could be me. Han he writes the share ratio to be 50% 50%.

I kind of believed it at first, but then I saw the yahoo address and they don't have any website. So.. Yeah.

Unregistered

Exclamation Spanish Lawyer Scam

I live in Canada and I also received the same kind of bogus letter saying I was entitled to 50% of $10.8 million. The lawyer was named as:

Jesus Mardomingo
    Lgg-Abogados Y Asesores
    Cuatrecasas, Gonclaves-Periera C/ Almagro, 9 Madrid Spain

Run far, run fast!

Unregistered

Default Spanish Laywer from Madrid

Hey Guys,
    I live in Germany and Dad received such a letter on his fax...
    I just want to know where they get our fax number ...okay it´s the number of his firmfax....
    I had the feeling that this has to be a joke , because I know no one of our family that died in the thunder of 2008 !
    They used a name of one person of pur family but this person died in the 1940s oder 1950s.
    It´s just a big big fake...

Run run run !!!

Unregistered

Default Attorney fom Madrid

I am living in Sweden and I got a letter from Nicolas Cris, an alleged attorney with Guirao Abogados in Madrid, Spain. He promises me a share of 6.5M $ because a recently (2004) in a car crash deceased business magnate has a surname that we both share.
    Funniest thing is, the signature is definitely not his mentioned name...

Unregistered

Default Another one

I am also from Australia. This one is from 'Barrister Giacinto Canzona' claiming to be from the Legal firm White & Baos. It was posted in Malaga. Usual stuff about a dead relative who died in a car crash along with his wife and kids. He did thoughtfully leave 10.5 Million USD for me just for giving away 50% to my new best friend. I got suspicious that he uses a gmail account and a mobile phone on an official looking legal firm letter head .

I emailed the email address on the real White & Baos website suggesting they could get the police to trace the fixed fax number or the mobile number and go around, arrest him, punish him and then deport the bastard back to Nigeria.

Default It's so sad

So many relations passing and all so wealthy. Mine also had $10.8 mill hidden away in Madrid. Barrister Luis Gimenez Guitard is offering me 50% would you believe?
    Duhhh

Norway calling

Smile I'm rich at last...

Thanks to a Spanish layer called Guirao Abogados who is a custodian to my unfortunate family member who recently died in a car crash. She left me US 6.5M and he's willing to share - 40% to me and the rest goes to him.
    Guirao, why not take all since you are mandated to claim anything on behalf of anyone. That's what you wrote.
    Maybe then and only then, you can afford a better design of your letter heading, open a trustworthy domain and last but not least you can afford replacing your seemingly, almost empty inkjet-cartridge.

Unregistered

Default Spanish Lawyer with a Portuguese Post Mark

I received a letter today dated and post marked September 14 from the "law firm" LGG Abogados y Acesores telling me someone who shared my surname had died in 2004 in the Indonesian Tsunami and left US$10.8-million in One Trunk Box/Diplomatic Personal Treasure. This was supposedly left with a "Safe Security Company" in Spain although the contents were undisclosed to the company.

The "Barrister's" name was Jorge Canta. They are supposedly located in Madrid at Frayjuan Gil 4, 28002 Madrid but gave a postal address of Sur. 13-301 46021 Valencia Spain. I mention this because the envelope was post marked Lisbon, Portugal with the same date as the letter.

Snr. Canta assures that even though I am not likely actually related to his client, by allowing him to use my name he will, "(through the rule of law)" be able to claim the money.

Where do these people come from? Are people stupid enough to think they're legit?

Unregistered

Default same message

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I recieved the exact same letter as yours and the envelope was stamped from Portugal too. Only difference is I'm from Australia.
    I just received one today from a Juan Martinez Lara, telling me I could pass myself off as a relative and get 6.35 million

Gave an email and an address in Valencia

Unregistered

Default Scammers have a long reach

I'm in New Zealand, but same basic theme. My deceased relative (?) was an engineer called Garyvn. This guy has to be a real clown doesn't he ? I mean .. Garyvn ? How would you even pronounce that ?