I bought a property in Malaga which still hasn’t been completed and is well past the finish date on the contract. I was recommended a lawyer through a company called EAS and he is great – he’s recovering my money via bank guarantee and the bank has agreed to pay without going to court. All well and good on that score.

However, I do have another property which I had already completed on by the time I spoke with an EAS adviser but I am very unhappy with the property as it was meant to be front-line golf and it’s not and it’s a fair bit smaller than on the contract. I did sign off on it – I know, I know but I was told by the agent that they would arrange to change it free of charge to a frontline one once they’d got things finalized. I know I’m a mug but I was so stressed and they made it seem like it was the right thing to do. Needless to say that bit wasn’t in writing. And of course they haven’t changed a thing and have denied all knowledge of the verbal agreement.

EAS did look at my paperwork but they advised me that it’s very difficult, long-winded and expensive to do anything once I’ve accepted the keys and have recommended I let this go and just try and use the property or sell it – I wish!

I’m not too happy about this as I have ended up with something I didn’t pay for. The agent, the lawyer and developer don’t want to know and EAS have said that they have given me the best advice even if it’s not what I want to hear. The lawyer dealing with the bank guarantee agrees with this also.

What do you think of this? Would it be very expensive and would I win?