Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: How to Evict a Tenant who is not Paying the Rent

Hybrid View

AJ Fitzpatrick

Default How to Evict a Tenant who is not Paying the Rent

I have tenants in Cadiz who stopped paying rent since September 2008, start lease date was June 2008.
    They have refused to pay any more rent, their lease was for 6 months only which expired December 17th 2008. They still remain in the apartment and are not paying any rents nor community fees. They have been served a legal letter to vacate property and pay all monies due and still they remain.
    Since their lease contract is up what can I do to remove the tenants from hell?
    Can I move in to the apartment myself and live there legally as their lease agreement has expired?
    Or what would you recommend?
    Regards,
    AJ.

Dear Sir,

As per my article herein above I advise you initiate an eviction procedure as soon as possible. You will have to appoint a lawyer to act on your behalf.

A new eviction law has been pre-approved
    which will greatly speed up the eviction process to the relief of everyone, execept the non-paying tenant of course.

You can most certainly not move in to your partment whilst the tenant is still there, regardless if they are paying or not, or else face the risk of being reported to the police. You cannot shut off the utilities either. Please read our article which explains the steps you must take.

I take the opportunity to offer you our legal services: Tenant Eviction for a Spanish Property.

Please contact us if you are interested in this legal service.

Regards,

Raymundo LarraÃ*n Nesbitt
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 01-30-2009 at 02:15 PM.