Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Spanish Citizenship or Residance Permit for child born in Spain

Hybrid View

Hello Cris,

If you have been able to keep your Spanish ID ( and renew it ), there´s no reason why you would be unable to apply for your Spanish passport. We would need to understand that bit of information where you mention the passport was taken from you. You may have lost your citizenship due to the lack of use of it, as you have lived 24 years out of 25 in Lebanon and not used your Spanish citizenship. Therefore, this is a question that has to be made to the Civil Registry so they check their records. There are situations that allow the applicant recover the Spanish nationality but that depends on the cause of the loss, and as we still don´t have this information, I can´t advise now.

Dual citizenship is not allowed for Lebanese citizens. it is only allowed for nationals from Portugal, Navarra, Philippines, Equatorial Guinea, Latin American countries and basically Spanish former colonies.

If you wish, drop us an email and explain your case in detail so we can advise further.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Dear Patricia:

thank you for your concern, information given was useful will be in touch in the near future, thank you immensely and no my ID in not renewed never knew about any of that before I turn 25 hope I am not late.

best regards
    Cris