Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: European Mediation

Hybrid View

Unregistered

Default european mediation

I was contacted by this company,offering to act on my behalf to retrieve money lost to Fortuna estates/Oanna who operated a "land banking" scam from offices in Fuengirola Spain.They say they will pursue the case through the Spanish courts and ultimately the European court and will seek compensation from The European Compensation Fund. This ( they say) is a special fund set up for the victims of fraud. They will represent you for 10% of your investment(read loss) and will return said amount if unsuccessful. I'm very sceptical, and asked for a "no win no fee" deal which they declined. The complexity of the scam operated by Fortuna (involving bonafide Spanish lawyers) was so complex I doubt if there is any chance of anyone getting anything back, so please, do your homework, before throwing good money after bad in an attempt to retrieve something. In my opinion this scam was so large and involved so many Spanish professionals,that something should be done about it in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ...They say they will pursue the case through the Spanish courts and ultimately the European court and will seek compensation from The European Compensation Fund. This ( they say) is a special fund set up for the victims of fraud.

Dear Sir/Madame,

There is no such thing as "The European Compensation Fund" as per your post, I regret to inform you.