Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Community debts

Hybrid View

Jaimie

We have had a breakdown of what they pay and another letter suggesting that we have to pay a further €67 on top of €75 that we are paying. This is €142 a month. It's ludicrous! Surely they can't charge us this much?? When is it going to end!

The communal area is very small and they are paying €30,000 a year on the place which I amongst others feel is too much. I think it is poorly run. They are spending money all the time when they haven't got the money to spend. It is awful.

I bought the house to get away from stress and I feel I am more stressed since buying it. I wished I had known about all of this from the beginning. I never would have bought a house there.

I think this law is badly put together. They should be going after the people that are not paying, not picking on the ones that are. Can't we get the Bailiffs in to get any possessions, cars etc to sell and recoup the debt they have ran up?

Dear Sir,

As per my prior replies above, the CO can pursue communers who are not up-to-date with their community fees.

A different matter is if those in charge lack the proactivity that is required. The laws are there and are used daily by many.

Regards,