Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Filipino Wanting Spanish Citizenship

Hybrid View

Hello Tiffany,

You need to show the Spanish Authorities that you are a Philippine citizen if you want to take advantage of the reduction of the residency requirements reagrding the Nationality applciaiton; I believe there is no Philippine/American dual citizenship.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Default Filipino with spanish lineage

My grandfather is a pure Spanish, but he was born in the Philippines, his parents were migrated from Spain to the Philippines.
    Will i be entitled to obtain the Spanish citizenship?

I appreciate your great assistance
    Thank you

Good Day! my grand father is pure spanish and went to the philippines and got married to my grand mother. my mom got her nationality around 2011. i am currently in kuwait working. is there any way i can apply or a spanish citizenship without going to spain and living there or a year as my family is here and i don't want to quit my job. currently my mom is gathering all the documents she used for her application before.

thank you in advance for any assitance you can give me.

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    My grandfather is a pure Spanish, but he was born in the Philippines, his parents were migrated from Spain to the Philippines.
    Will i be entitled to obtain the Spanish citizenship?

I appreciate your great assistance
    Thank you
    Hello Oscar,

If you are able to prove that your grandparents were Spanish by Origins; that is, they never lost their Spanish Nationality, even if born out of Spain, you will be able to take advantage of one of the assumptions of Citizenship by Residency application, that reduces the minimum residency requirement to one year. This means you could be eligible for the Spanish Nationality after one year of legal residency in Spain, in accordance with article 22.2.f of the Civil Code.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile