Hello Soldin2011

The easiest thing would certainly be to request all the documentation from the lawyer who dealt with the sale of the property in 2011, which includes the deeds of sale, tax forms, etc.

If this is not possible, obtaining from the tax office a copy of the tax forms submitted (Modelo 210) is as easy as visiting any Hacienda office and submitting a Modelo 01.

A copy of the deed of sale must be requested from the notary public who witnessed the transaction. If the name of the notary is unknown, the land registry should be able to provide this information.

Edit addition - We have been advised, today, that it is a standard practice in Spain not to issue any authorised /signed / dated breakdown of costs relating to a sale of a property on Abogado company letter headed paper even when those breakdown of costs have been audited by an accountant. Would this be correct?
It sounds a bit like nonsense to me. A breakdown of costs should always be provided by the lawyer.

The breakdown of figures we have received details an item for 'Extra Capital Gains Tax' for the amount of 11,792.53 Euros.
What is 'Extra Capital Gains Tax' in Spain?
I don't know what ‘Extra Capital Tax’ is. The calculations provided above have been done using the official Modelo 210 instructions provided by the Spanish Tax Office, which, as far as I know, mention nothing about 'Extra Capital Gains Tax'.

I suggest that you contact a Spanish fiscal advisor, who, for a small fee, should be able to find out what is the status of this 3% tax refund, and wheter the calculations were done properly. Let me know if you would like me to recommend you someone.

Regards