Hi, I have a short term contract which I am nearing the end of. In my contract I have this statement:

However the contract says

Third - Length of Stay

The present contract is binding during the length of stay, between 01/09/2009 until 30/06 de 2010. After this date, it is not possible to prolong the contract.

The leasee, in case of leaving the accommodation, must advise by email to hsrooms@hotmail.com before the 15th of the month before they are going to leave the accommodation. If they do not do this, they will lose their deposit.

The lease is by complete months (never by days), and for at least 4 months. By this, if the leasee leaves before the end of the month, they will have ti pay for the complete months. If they leave before 4 months, they will have to pay for 4 months.

Tercera - Duración de la estancia

El presente contrato es vinculante durante la duración de la estancia, entre 01/09/2009 al 30/06 de 2010. Después de esta fecha, no es posible prolongar el contrato.

El arrendatario, en caso de abandonar el alojamiento, deberá avisar por correo electrónico a hsrooms@hotmail.com antes del dÃ*a 15 del mes antes de que se van a salir del alojamiento. Si no hacen esto, van a perder su depósito.

El contrato de arrendamiento es por meses completos (no por dÃ*a), y durante al menos 4 meses. Por esto, si el arrendatario deja antes de que finalice el mes, tendrán que pagar ti para el mes completo. Si salen antes de los 4 meses, tendrán que pagar por 4 meses

I have spoken to a law professor at a friends university who said that I am entitled to move out of the property and get my deposit back. However, the landlord is saying that I have to find someone else to take over the final month of my rent. There is nothing in the contract to request that I find someone else, and his only response was, because its a 10 month lease, your rent is less. Again, nothing in the contract to state this, and my spanish was non-existant at the time, and it wasnt written down in contract form.

I have decided, since I told him before the 15th of the previous month and he had refused my request to leave with my deposit intact. I have not paid, the end of teh paying period is the fifth of the month, so two days late. He has said that, I must pay before the 15th of the month. from reading the above, can he do anything to me, obviously I would prefer to simply pay the rent and get my deposit back. But How do i go about dealing with this situation. Continue not to pay rent? much appreciated