Hi there

I have asked a week ago about DUA document - because I need it to register my car here in Canary islands.. finaly I found a company that do it, but the problem is - they told me I wouldnt have to pay any IGIC tax if I bring residency certificate. And here comes the question:

I applied for padron a week ago (got a yellow and light greenish paper as a copy) with stample on it -> they told me I have to go national police to get certificate -> I did so -> there they told me - "you have to wait 2-3 weeks before you can get the residency certificate if you are not workin here" (I m not)... so I have to wait one more week I guess?

now., want to know - does it have any drawbacks for me? mandatory stuff etc..? as I am not workin in spain, just residin and living from my saved money earned years ago... (we are here 6 months, planning on stay more-thats why registering that car... or its just a formality and Im not obliged to do anythin yearly about taxes etc...? (dont want anyone after 3 years knock on my door and say: you are a resident for a long time, where are your taxes...?

the IGIC tax would be €300 otherwise... :/

please let me know...

thank you
Evelyn