Hello, I am on holiday and don´t know where else to post. I am going back home tomorrow and just wanted legal advice on this. Last night as I was entering a hotel with a friend quite early in the morning in Benidorm the night staff said I couldn´t go in. Another man who was with the night staff came and attempted to strike me violently, but only managed to lightly clip slap my face a few times. All of this was caught on camera and I was completely passive, until he followed me outside on his own with the other staff members trying to stop him and I said if he comes near me again I will strike him back.
I was wondering what I should do as I am going home soon. Contact the manager of the hotel and ask him to sort the situation (perhaps even offer me some sort of small monterary compensation) or should I contact the police without even mentioning it to them incase they mess around with the tapes recording the scene from the hotel lobby security cameras (i´m going home soon and this could become messy with no compensation)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.