Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 8 of 79 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Quote Originally Posted by wilma View Post
    To Pat R.
    I have tried searching daily express for wed. Please can you post link to it or the heading of the article.
    Thanks
    I couldn't find it either, probably another attempt to misinform.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    BPC1

Investor on both Punta Perla and Estepona for my sins. Do you know anywhere that i could get confirmation building has began.
    I have seen it yesterday when I visited the property. If you happen to know someone in the area ask him or her to go there and check.

Unregistered

Default PP

found this link on another forum

info about Punta Perla development published yesterday day at Punta Perla Resale page.

http://puntaperlaresale.com/

Unregistered

Default OVP Nightmare

I have been following the posts on here for a while now as I have also lost money with this company.

My dealings closely mirror what other investors have gone through; deposit paid on the Benatalaya development, Notary papers signed at Oceanview offices in Staffordshire, mortgage applications completed & returned, then problems/delays etc etc, no/poor communication from Oceanview ensued, proposal to have deposits switched to a Moroccan development (Tafedna Bay Resort), new contracts were to be sent out but nothing arrived, constantly chasing info and not getting anywhere!!!!!

At the time of investing with Oceanview I was doing work for a country wide, mortgage network. This mortgage network introduced Oceanview as 1 of 3 property companies that they would be working with to help promote overseas sales, commission would then be paid to brokers like myself who sold any of their properties. Due to the reputation & size of this mortgage network we were told that due diligence had been done to ensure Oceanview was a reputable company and that clients would be safe buying properties through them.

Obviously we all know this hasn't been the case. Not only it seems have individuals been duped but also large organisations.

I have contacted Staffordshire police and was told that I am not a creditor but an injured party and that investigations are being carried out to determine whether this is a criminal case or a civil case against Oceanview.

I just wanted to post my story for other people to read and put out my own experience of this nightmare.

I hope for all our sakes we can get some sort of resolve on this mess.

Unregistered

I have been following the posts on here for a while now as I have also lost money with this company.

My dealings closely mirror what other investors have gone through; deposit paid on the Benatalaya development, Notary papers signed at Oceanview offices in Staffordshire, mortgage applications completed & returned, then problems/delays etc etc, no/poor communication from Oceanview ensued, proposal to have deposits switched to a Moroccan development (Tafedna Bay Resort), new contracts were to be sent out but nothing arrived, constantly chasing info and not getting anywhere!!!!!

At the time of investing with Oceanview I was doing work for a country wide, mortgage network. This mortgage network introduced Oceanview as 1 of 3 property companies that they would be working with to help promote overseas sales, commission would then be paid to brokers like myself who sold any of their properties. Due to the reputation & size of this mortgage network we were told that due diligence had been done to ensure Oceanview was a reputable company and that clients would be safe buying properties through them.

Obviously we all know this hasn't been the case. Not only it seems have individuals been duped but also large organisations.

I have contacted Staffordshire police and was told that I am not a creditor but an injured party and that investigations are being carried out to determine whether this is a criminal case or a civil case against Oceanview.

I just wanted to post my story for other people to read and put out my own experience of this nightmare.

I hope for all our sakes we can get some sort of resolve on this mess.
    Can i ask as a injured party where does that leave you and your deposit??

Dear All,

I take for granted all OVP investors know this company is now in liquidation.

Most of you will have by now been contacted by the UK's Insolvency Service.

There will be a meeting held for all creditors on the 5th June 2009 at 10:00 AM at 3 Piccadilly Place, 2nd floor, Manchester, M1 3BN.

You must lodge proof of payment no later than 12:00 PM of the 1st of June 2009 to be able to joint it and have a right to vote.

Tel: 0161 234 8531
    Fax: 0161 234 8634
    Last edited by Lawbird Lawyer; 05-15-2009 at 04:30 PM.

Unregistered

Can i ask as a injured party where does that leave you and your deposit??
    When I spoke to Staffordshire Police they stated that until further investigation is carried out and other relevant agencies have convened with their findings, they couldn't let me know as to what outcome would be reached regarding injured parties.
    At the time of contact their investigation was still trying to determine whether it was a criminal case or a civil case, as previously mentioned.

I was told the Det. Insp. & his team heading the investigation would be in contact with all known parties once the path of enquiry was established but this could take a while. I would imagine this is due to the possible complex web of deceit that has been committed and the people involved!

The police assured me that a significant size team was working on this case and that on the day I spoke with them a number of other people had been in contact reporting similar stories.

It appears to me that reading these posts, coupled with other research, there seems to be a fair weight of momentum building against Oceanview and relevant associates. If monies can't be recovered then hopefully the people involved in this scam will be brought to task.

Unregistered

Default ricardo miret

He has done same thing at punta perla, took the money and is gone. Why is he not in jail yet

Unregistered

Default Creditors Meeting

Just prooving you have paid some money over does not automatically make you eligible to attend the creditors meeting.

You need to show that you are a creditor for the purposes of a liquidation and given that cotracts and monies were with the developer not OV you may well struggle to show that.

Just prooving you have paid some money over does not automatically make you eligible to attend the creditors meeting.

You need to show that you are a creditor for the purposes of a liquidation and given that cotracts and monies were with the developer not OV you may well struggle to show that.
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I've quoted the The Insolvency Sevices' Letter.

If their information is lacking or uncomplete they are to be held responsible.

I quote their letter:

"To entitle you to vote at the meeting your proof of debt and (if required) your proxy form must be lodged with me no later than 12:00 PM on 1 June 2009".

It doesn't mention you need a copy of your PPC.

In any case, they should be contacted on the matter to clarify. We've already supplied thier contact details in the post above.