The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 49 of 79 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

Unregistered

Default guadalope

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/eiir/II...=81&CaseType=B

For those of you that are not aware, Colin Thomas was made bankrupt on 10 June 2010.

According to my source, Nick Wood of Grant Thornton was appointed trustee in bankruptcy which will only assist GT in their OVPI enquiries.

Another step forward.

Hopefully any funds paid away from OVPI to Colin Thomas can be traced into assets and realised for the benefit of the OVPI creditors.
    So does that mean that maybe I will get some of my money back.
    I was told that my property had been sold to another client and I waited years for my deposit for years and then told a couple of days before the bankrupcy that the clients had pulled out and I had lost my deposit , I think now that there was never another client .

Joey123

Default Property about to be resold

that was a common thyme - I think a number of people were told that their property had been resold - they could keep people hanging on for years - report the full story to Staffordshire Police - it may help.

Potentially, there might be some hope of a small repayment, after the liquidators substantial fees (it is a big case), I guess. Make sure you are registered with GT as a "creditor"

Unregistered

Hi Joey,

In response to your last posting my dealings were direct with Sadia properties a guy called Amrit Khan based in Brighton with an office in Tangia, Morocco. But they’ve now ceased trading.

Unico International developments SL is owned by Ricardo Miranda, and yes we have complete information that Ricardo Miranda is 100% responsible for this project and interesting to see the posting below yours Joey is from a client on Punta Perla who equally holds Ricardo Miranda responsible for the loss of their money.

I’ve had a chance now to look at other associated websites namely singing pig and the Dominican watchdog and it looks very clear to me that Ricardo Miranda is 100% behind all our problems on these 3 developments.

The action my lawyers are taking is for the recovery of my money from Unico in Spain because it is the developer Ricardo Miranda who is responsible and it is where my money went.

In my opinion, this money was then channelled to support his development Punta Perla in the Caribbean where clearly he has a lot of problems. He looks like a very clever man who uses lots of people to be principal communicators on his behalf he never seems to come forward and directly communicate with anybody, he seems to hide behind staff, agents and cleverly engineers his communication through them. Proof to me of this will be the fact that I bet there are no more postings on this website from Sungolf-Unico legal team in response to my claim for my money back because they have nobody to hide behind as I and others dealt directly with them in Madrid.

Beverley Goddard

Joey123

Hi Beverly

As long as your lawyers are communicating directly with Unico and you have a signed contract by Unico, with luck your lawyers will achieve the right outcome for you.

Our situation on EBCC seems somewhat different as we have no signed contracts by Sungolf (the developer) as the version of events are different. In that OVP were selling the stock as there own (reselling).

Anyway, lawyers are on the case in any event for both you and I so lets hope we get our money back. It would be nice to have the authorities have a closer look at the OVPI people for us. Maybe in time they will!

Good luck!

Joey123

Unregistered

Joey
    You are wrong there and as much as i can sympathise with you .The one track that you are clearly on does not seem to be bearing any fruit.
    I bought on gardens of manilva and i do not have a signed contract by the developer like you .But a judge in spain has confirmed that ocean view was an agent and because of that the developer is responsible for the money which is why as clients we have action against the developer .Surely if this can be shown on estepona beach then that gives strong potential action against the developer and a chance to get your money back. Mind you reading about ricardo miranda it does not sound good and as someone previoulsy posted if grant thornton recover any money it will go in there fees.
    good luck

Unregistered

Cool OVP & Morocco

Hi All

First time posting a thread on hear but can anyone tell me if anyone was duped by OVP into swoping deposits from Estepona Beach & Country Club and into Tafedna Bay, Morocco? If so are GT doing anything about this?

Unregistered

Question OVP & Morocco

Hi Joey & Beverley,

My name is Rakesh and it seems having read your threads that we maybe in a similar position with the above?

We had purchased through OVP in Manilva Beach which completed after some delay but due to the forecasted rents being a complete lie we sold up. But before any the web of deceit started to un-fold we were advised to re-mortgage and re-invest, which we did into Estepona Beach & Country Club. Now as you know there were planning issues at this time and severe delays in getting this development off the ground and our deposit was paid and with the developer (allegedly). So we were given the option to wait of transfer the deposit to Tafedna Bay, which we did and contracts were signed by us but never returned signed back from the developers. During this period ALL s**t hit the fan and this is where we are. Is there any light you could shine on the situation thus far as I'm not getting much joy with GT??

Regards,
    Rakesh (raxd@hotmail.com)

Joey123

Dear Rakesh

Did you use a solicitor in any of the transactions?

How did you deal with?

Joey123

sorry, who did you deal with?

Unregistered

Cool OVP & Morocco

Hi Joey/Beverley,

When we purchased Manilva Beach the lawyer was Leslie Alberachi (Conveyancing UK) and then the file was passed onto a Spanish lawyer nearing completion. But with EBCC it was direct with OVP as no formal contracts had exchanged hands only reservations agreements and the same with Tafedna Bay.

We dealt with people who we were led to belive we OVP, but it then came to light it was another firm called Zenith Property Investment a chap called xx xx............ever heard of him/them??

Regards,
    Rakesh
    Last edited by ifv; 09-13-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Request removal. Please register if you want to mention this name in the future