The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 26 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocean View Properties

L Robinson

Gomez Villares & Alvarez

Unregistered

Default OVP

L.Robinson

we also used GV&A. When we refused to complete, telling GV&A we though it would be crazy to complete with all the snagging faults found as well as no LFO at the time, they wrote back and said ''how dare you call my advice crazy, I am your Lawyer!'' When OVP also advised us to complete faults and all we smelt a rat, changed lawyers and it all became clear sadly. It was OVP who advised us to use GV&A. Need I say more?

Joey123

well it's clearly a very tricky matter - sorry I'm stating the obvious!. can i suggest you contact Maria De Castro perhaps - www costaluzlawyers.es

You could also speak with Ignacio Morallis at Brethertons solicitors who very familiar with OVP

http://www.brethertons.co.uk/Home/Bu...-Paredes-.aspx

OVP are a disgrace (being too kind).

If you had spanish lawyer Maria De Castro will be able to offer some good advise. As will Ignacio. Your parents did gets a property. Maybe your case needs to be reviewed by an independent spanish solicitor - one who seems reputable - like the above. Unfornately, it will cost, but it might be the only way they get any chance of redress but not a cheap of easy one. It sounds like that may not be an option if they are in financial trouble.

You might like to forward your concerns to Staffordshire Police if you feel OVP did anything wrong. See the Eye on Spain, Estepona Beach and Country Club thread

I was hoping your might have had a different story in which case it might have been an easier one to give you hope on.

Best of luck to you and your parents!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you had spanish lawyer Maria De Castro will be able to offer some good advise.
    Sure, just the same advise this bloke got from her:

http://www.marbella-lawyers.com/foru...hread.php?t=83

I wouldn't get near her with a ten-foot pole.

Unregistered

Ok, I have never had any personal experience of MDC, but have read lots of positive posts hence mentioning her. I think a balanced view is required. How about this forum - can belgal help? It would seem a spanish lawyer is needed as it is spanish law. maybe the regularatory body for overseeing spanish solicitors should be consulted. Still try Ignacio, he seems reputable and willing to help with some advice. he would know who to ask in spain to review the case/complain to. All lawyers cost a fortune. Was the solicitor acting for the seller or the purchaser?

Unregistered

Default OVP

L. Robinson

well I've found MDC very helpful and gives alot of advice free. I would very suprised if she wasn't genuine?

I changed from GV&A to Lawbird, and given the fact they have to work in the constraints of a very slow and questionable justice system, I feel they have done what they can to get justice for me, as we won our case. Will I ever get anything back?, that's another story!!

Unregistered

I have lost a lot of money through ocean view, I blame CT JKS and their accountant.
    I have been investigating the whole thing up there, its amazing what you can find out.
    1. Chartered accountant that ran there accounts, got paid on a fee basis for many years.
    2. Surely he has a duty of care under the ICA rules, he tried to get KMPG to sign off the accounts this failed
    3. He still represents for CT and JKS
    4. The accountant (Groucott Moor) also have a financial services business, do the FSA no about his dealings with ocean view
    5. He also has property in spain, who bought him that I wonder.
    6. He is also a partner in an Public accountants/lawyers/tax consultants based in Madrid/Marbella/Birmingham, these people contacted me about my property in Spain, they got my name from ocean view, how and why still investigating this avenue.
    He new what was going on and did nothing, As an independent he has a duty of care be a chartered accountant.
    Need to understand if this getting investigated, because practice like this cannot continue by a chartered accountant.

L. Robinson

Default OVP etc...

So is it just worth my parents accepting that this money is lost?

And where do they stand legally as they are being chased for the arrears. Please see my previous poionst - a london solicitor firm have threatened action to pursue them in the UK.

Unregistered

What about the accountants PI insurance (professional indemnity), can we go for that through neligence as a chartered account working for OVP, can grant thornton advise please or someone else?

Joey123

Dear L Robinson - You or your parents need to contact Citizans Advice or an equivalent or get a solicitor asap. Being in the UK will not enable them to avoid this situation, I don't believe. Do not seek advice hear as nothing will get done and no doubt you need to act fast to defend the claim, if possible.

Re Pi insurance re the accountant - why? did he advise you on the purchase? Probably not & he would not be allowed to! You need to look the purchase process and see if there are any angles there to make any claim at all.

If you have concerns re misrepresenations etc, report them to Staff Police and Grant Thornton & an independent solicitor.