Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ramirez and Ramirez

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ifv View Post
    The meaning of the word 'legit' (legitimate) is rather broad. If you are asking if this lawyer is qualified and registered, the answer is yes.
    By "legit" I also meant is he to your knowledge putting together a case against the company who scammed me. I know a no. has been allocated to the court case, but I don't know when it will take place. Is it true that I must lodge a "denuncio" against the company or I will lose out on my share of any possible settlement? Thanks.

Administrator

May I ask you a question? Have you given this lawyer a power of attorney (signed before a notary public)?

suziebilly

Default Ramirez & Ramirez

We too have just had a phone call from Ramirez & Ramirez promising to refund the money paid to get rid of our timeshare by joing DWVC. We were hoping to get our money back via reclaim. Does anyone know about this company or do we just give up of ev er getting our money back. I thought we were foolproof as regards scams, but obviously not. However, we haven't paid any money to this company having googles them first.

suziebilly

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by ifv View Post
    May I ask you a question? Have you given this lawyer a power of attorney (signed before a notary public)?
    No, I haven't approached this lawyer or any other in any way at all.
    The phone call I received from Ramirez & Ramirez mentioned this lawyer's name as the lawyer for which they were collating evidence and that he would be prosecuting a company from which I bought some land (Fortuna Estates aka Fortuna Land). Obviously I don't know if this is true or not. I got the impression that the R&R employee told me this to get around my criticism that I had read on the net that R&R were not a law firm.

I just need to know if you know that this lawyer is in fact doing this. If this is the case, then I will most probably approach him direct. I also need to know if, as the R&R employee claimed, I must file something called a "denuncio" against Fortuna in order to claim any repayment resulting from the court case. The R&R employee said that if I did not file this "denuncio", then I would lose my right to my share of any compensation the Spanish courts may award. Thanks.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I just need to know if you know that this lawyer is in fact doing this. If this is the case, then I will most probably approach him direct. I also need to know if, as the R&R employee claimed, I must file something called a "denuncio" against Fortuna in order to claim any repayment resulting from the court case. The R&R employee said that if I did not file this "denuncio", then I would lose my right to my share of any compensation the Spanish courts may award. Thanks.
    A 'denuncia' by itself will take you nowhere. I suggest that you contact this lawyer directly (contact details on http://www.vazquezabogados.es/), and ask what kind of approach he's going to use. Under the Law Association regulations, he must introduce himself and formaly establish the nature of the legal representation he will be offering (Art 42.3 - Estatuto General de la AbogacÃ*a).

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by suziebilly View Post
    We too have just had a phone call from Ramirez & Ramirez promising to refund the money paid to get rid of our timeshare by joing DWVC.
    The following is taken from the Action Fraud site:

Fraud recovery fraud happens when former fraud victims are told the money they’ve lost can be recovered.
    [...]
    Are you a victim of fraud recovery fraud?
    • You’ve been contacted, either by phone or email, by someone saying they are a lawyer, a law enforcement officer or an official working for a government agency in another country. They know you’ve already lost money to a fraud and tell you they can recover your money for you.
    • You’ve paid them a fee in order to recover your lost money.
    Therefore, anyone who pays a fee to someone who contacts you out of the blue to offer money recovery services and knows that you have been previously ripped off, qualifies as a victim of fraud recovery fraud.

Action Fraud is the UK’s national fraud reporting centre. I recommend that you report this company through their online reporting tool.

Unregistered

Default Reporting in the UK

If you have given you credit card details then tell your card provider and, if the money has gone through a UK comnpany, tell them there is a possibility of merchant acquirer fraud.

Contact Consumer Direct (while it still exists - the UK Govenrnment wants to do away with consumer protection) - these complaints will be notified to Trading Standards and give them the info needed to go through the EU consumer centres.

The OFT does not deal with individual complaints and will refer you back to Trading Standards. The Police will not deal with fraud under about £10000 and will refer yo to Trading Standards.

Report the matter to "action fraud" The national Fraud reporting centre. They must take the report and then pass it to you local police under home office rules. Google the words action fraud and you will get the telephone numbers. Police will take reports for values less than £100. Trading Standards do not investigate overseas frauds but police can.

Unregistered

Exclamation Anne. Scotland

Ramirez @ Ramirez, are still going strong. We have a friend who lives in Spain, in Torremolinos and he went into Fuengorila found the address, o this so called company only to find at another Lawyers office which he inquired at, that true to form this company does not exist. This was this morning. So where do we go from here. We have lost money twice, Holidaymakers SL and Excalibur, there is also a compaby called Full Circle Holidays involved. Anna Higson was the person who phoned us and also a Philip Murphy.

Unregistered

Default T. Wilson

Hi, people

I too, like many others nearly got taken in by this company. I was contacted by them and a young man offered to help us recoup our losses we had paid to different timeshare industries. Fortunately we did not go ahead with them but found another company in this country who are very professional called Cartwright Sinclair Ltd and they are currently helping us to pursue our lost monies.