The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: European Mediation

Unregistered

Default Provisional liquidator appointed to European Mediation Ltd

11 Mar 2009 14:58 in Government News Network news

Provisional liquidator appointed to European Mediation Ltd

INSOLVENCY SERVICE News Release (Coms/Ins/48) issued by COI News Distribution Service. 11 March 2009

The Secretary of State for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform has presented a petition in the High Court to wind up European Mediation Limited in the public interest.

The company offers to assist victims of fraud to obtain compensation for their losses. The petition to wind up the company was presented following an investigation carried out by Companies Investigation Branch under section 447 of the Companies Act 1985 (as amended). The Official Receiver has been appointed as Provisional Liquidator of the company. The case is now subject to High Court action and no further information will be available until the petition is heard on 5 May 2009.

NOTES TO EDITORS

1. The registered office of European Mediation Limited is at 6 Pearson Close, Rochdale, Lancashire, OL16 3UL. The company was incorporated in August 2008.

2. The petition was presented under s124A of the Insolvency Act 1986. The Official Receiver was appointed as Provisional Liquidator of the company on 6 March 2009. The role of the Provisional Liquidator is to protect and preserve the assets and financial records of the company.

3. The Insolvency Service administers the insolvency regime investigating all compulsory liquidations and individual insolvencies (bankruptcies) through the Official Receiver to establish why they became insolvent.

4. The Insolvency Service carries out confidential enquiries on behalf of the Secretary for Business, Enterprise & Regulatory Reform through Companies Investigation Branch. The Service also authorises and regulates the insolvency profession; deals with disqualification of directors in corporate failures; assesses and pays statutory entitlement to redundancy payments when an employer cannot or will not pay employees; provides banking and investment services for bankruptcy and liquidation estate funds; and advises ministers and other government departments on insolvency law and practice.

5. All public enquiries concerning the affairs of the company should be made to: The Official Receiver, Public Interest Unit, PO Box 326, 17 - 21 Chorlton Street, Manchester, M60 3ZZ. Tele: 0161 934 4182 Email: piu.north@insolvency.gsi.gov.uk

6. Further information about the work of The Insolvency Service is available from http://www.insolvency.gov.uk

7. Media enquiries should be directed to: Lorna Dennis, Communications Manager, Insolvency Service, 21 Bloomsbury Street, London, WC1B 3QW. Telephone: 020 7637 6279, or Ade Daramy, Press Officer on 020 7596 6187.

UK efficiency at its highest degree, good.

Unregistered

I always found it strange they did not come over to this forum to defend their good corporate name. I guess they must have known better.

An alarm bell always rings off when companies don't stand up to the boards to defend themselves from serious accusations.

But then again, there are other companies who are always overeager to threaten with libel in public forums when their name -or their newly crafted incarnation- are mentioned negatively, and justly so.

As we say in Spanish, mismos perros con distintos collares.

Unregistered

I was approached by European Mediation about the ( worthless) shares that I bought through the Emerging Equity Group. Fortunately I did not take up their offer to act for me. I now have been approached by a company called Mis-sold investments. They are based in Chertsey Surrey. As far as I can tell the website was created in March this year. I am very dubious about this outfit and will not proceed unless I can get more comfort- has anybody else been contacted by them or have any more info about them?

magill

Thumbs down mr

European mediation is a well known scam company based in Fuengirola spain

Default San Pedro de la pinatar

Hi Simon

Did you get any further ? I am in a similar position having invested via IAP.

Might be good to catch up

Unregistered

Angry Glovista red same as Day Cooper Adams

My wife and I have had several cold calls in the evening .Another major Scam firm is Glovista red they are now suspended by The Ministry Of Justice, because they are the same Mangement and staff /team from Day Cooper Adams ltd who also lost their licence from the MOJ and have been now closed down.Beware they are using different trading names to continue to fool the MOJ and continue to rip off and scam more victims with financial claims,timeshare resales,rentals and more based in the costa del sol ,fuengirola (Spain) .Any victims stories post here to help others.If You have been ripped off call the MOJ they will help you get your money back ,Do it Now before it is to late.
    J Bennett ,Norwich.

Unregistered

Default Property Maintenance Solutions

Has anyone had any dealings with the above company? They are based in Lincoln. The manager is a Chris Lloyd. They are offering to recover monies paid by me to a "Cashback" operation. However I have to pay 15% of the possible recovery up front to cover the costs of a Tracing agency called Conflict International. I just wonder if I am throwing more money away.

Unregistered

Default Guest

Hi - has anyone been contacted by litimed.com? I have just been contacted by this company tonight and upon doing some further research on the internet have come accross this forum thread and everything on it is exactly as litimed were describing to me on the telephone. Is this the same company just reinvented under a different name?