Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Tarjeta de residencia through marriage: Are the documents from the Consulado enough?

Hybrid View

LVC

@Michael75, I have exactly the situation you mention. Was the libro de familia given to you by the consulate abroad enough to get the tarjeta de residencia?? Thank you very much in advance

Unregistered

Default libro de familia

Hei i live in spain and have no residence here..i wanted to marry here and get libro de familia and i wanted to know
    What libro de familia is what i can do with it.can i travel to all schengen
    Area on this book? With out residence ? Is this book is legal to teavel on

Hello,

A Libro de Familia is only used for national purposes and to indicate if you have a spouse and children registered in a Civil registry in Spain. This document does not allow you to travel freely around the Schengen area; that is, you will need a residence permit, based on the family relationship you have with a Spanish citizen or EU citizen residing in Spain.

If you need more information about the type of residence permit suitable for your particular case, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Post marry with non Spanish citizen

If I register marry any other European country except Spain.can I register my marriage in Spain with my marriage certificate which is issued different country.and then can I have libro De famila.but my spouse not a Spanish she is polish citizen.but living Spain more than 3 years .

Hello,

You do not need to register your marriage in a Spanish Civil Registry for you to be able to apply for a residence permit. As long as it is correctly legalized you can use it in Spain.

Marriages celebrated abroad can only be registered in a Spanish civil registry if one of the spouses is Spanish.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Not older than 3 months?

Hey guys,

I'm in a similar situation. My biggest worry is what appears in bold:

------

"certificado literal de matrimonio expedido por el Registro Civil espanol, con una antiguedad no superior a tres meses"

(translation: literal certificate of marriage issued by the Spanish Registro Civil, not older than 3 months)

------

Does this mean that you have to register your marriage no more than 3 months before your residence card appointment? Or if 3 months pass since registering the marriage, can we request them to reissue the certificate of marriage so that it has a more recent date on it?

Thanks for your help,
    Jaime