Hi

My partner and I have been together for over a year now - she is a Spanish national
We plan to get married and have decided to get married in Africa to be with my family
As we have been travelling the world and I have to return to my country of origin to apply for EU visas
We plan to get married in Africa and process a spousal visa using the marriage certificate
The only reason we are doing this is to make it easier to be together as she has to fly home every 6 months for medical reasons and this leaves us apart for 3 months every 6 months

- Do I still need to apply for a short term visa?
- Or can I apply directly for a spousal visa?
- Can we get married and apply directly for the residency permit?
- Once with the family / spousal visa will I be able to enter Spain and stay there indefinitely?
- The only option for us is to go to Africa now as we found out I cannot process a EU visa as a traveller in the foreign country

- Please help!!
- Im sorry, I have read for weeks loads of forums and sites and threads & it all seems very confusing

- What is the best option for us? As we have to go back home to Africa now to make the visa
- So we would like to get married there and do all necessary paper work in order to move to Spain

Thank you so much
I would love any input
This is an extremely frustrating and confusing matter it feels like I want to cry and Im a big black man haha
Please help, we just want to make it easier for us to be together and not have to spend time apart every 6 months

Namaste