Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Legal Advice needed urgently for Father of drowned lad?

Hybrid View

Hello Moray,

First of all my sincere condolences for the loss of your friend´s son. One of the most difficult things to bear in this world is the death of a child.

I hope you can raise enough funds to help your friend.

We recommend him to obtain a birth certificate of his child and legalize it with the Hague Apostille, and also prepare a Power of Attorney so a lawyer can appear at the courts in his behalf as he cannot travel to Spain. If you are unable to raise enough funds and he can´t afford the services of a lawyer, he can apply for free legal assistance. This will require some work from his side and jumping on various bureaucracy hoops, but he can´t be stopped from exercising his rights to follow the court case for his son´s death, request the death certificate, autopsy, etc

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Thank you Patricia for your kind comments and recommendations on here, atleast some people wish to help me! However, I stand to be corrected? I have read the requirements for legal aid in Spain, and from what I have read, it stipulates that my monthly income must be less that than the minimum wage per month in Spain amounting to 513.00 euro's, for which I earn more, but have no savings, drive a 17 year old car and share a house with one room of my own shared with 3 other men. So im stuffed more or less? Ive written to the judge in Spain both in Spainish and English, copied everyone in, and hopefully I may get to stand infront of this judge and say ''im Craigys daddy, I have a legal right to these documents, and I have a legal right to be kept fully informed about the investigation of my sons untimely death, and also I wish to help your honor with my input''.......im hearbroken over our sons death, and I promised my son on his death bed on 22/08/16 at 5pm ''ill find out what happened to you son, until I die''......thank you kindly lady for your help anyway...Best Wishes David Stephen Williams