Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: How to get permanent residence card under Regimen Comunitario

Hybrid View

Mina Mohsen

Hi Particia.

I am from Egypt and I am living in UAE. I am married to a Spanish national in the Spanish Embassy in UAE.

Since we are planning to move to Spain; I would like to ask you what are the steps that I need to take in order to have residence in Spain and be able to work there.

Thank you for your help!

Mina Mohsen

Hello Mina

You just need to apply for a short stay visa indicating you are the relative of a Spanish citizen that resides in Spain. You will have to prove the family relationship via a marriage certificate. You will easily get a visa to travel to Spain, based in the EU regulations concerning free movement of EU citizens within the EU, as well as their relatives; Directive 2004/38/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2004 on the right of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States amending Regulation (EEC) No 1612/68 and repealing Directives 64/221/EEC, 68/360/EEC, 72/194/EEC, 73/148/EEC, 75/34/EEC, 75/35/EEC, 90/364/EEC, 90/365/EEC and 93/96/EEC.

Once in Spain, you can file the residence card application as the relative of an EU citizen. This application is filed in person at the correspondin Immigration Office of the province where you will be settling. You can find more information here.

Regards
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Mina Mohsen

Thanl you so much Patricia!!