Dear Patricia,

I am writing to you regarding the Regimen Communitario Permanent card, I would be grateful to have your advice.

I currently have Tarjeta de residencia de Larga Duracion because I am living in Spain with my family for more then 5 years (Regupuracion Familiar). Now my father has got Spanish nationality. But unfortunately due to the reason that I passed the minimum age to opt the Spanish nationality with my father, I have been categorised as not eligible to apply for the Spanish nationality por Opicion. Hence, I am being told that since my father is a Spanish citizen now, I have the option to apply for the Tarjeta de Residencia Permanente de Familiar de Ciudadano de la UE/Regimen Commuitario, and I would be granted this card for 10 years (Permanente).

My question is,

1. What advantages would i have being the holder of this card ? ( I already have the Permanent residence status (Larga Duracion) with my current card, How this new card will make any difference?)

2. Being the holder of this new card, would I have any privilege or something (e.g working in another EU member states or something) ?

3. What are the conditions thats I might loose this new card/status If I get it ? ( e.g. I was reading on the ministry website something like, If e.g. in case that my father moves to another EU member state, would it effect my card status or something? )

4. Would you recommend me to apply for this card or shall I keep my current residence card. As either way I already have the Permanent residence status )

I appreciate your help and support. Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,
Nicole