Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Relocating to another EU country and child passport

Threaded View

Question Relocating to another EU country and child passport

Hello,

Thank you for a excellent forum. I'd like some preliminary advice on the situation below and was hoping you could provide som insight.

Bagground:
    • Wife - First to arrive in Spain in 2004. Indian passport.
    • Wife - Residencia larga Duracion with Autoriza a trabajar
    • Cousin - Married wife in 2006, came to Spain in 2010. Indian passport.
    • Cousin - Renovacion Temp. Reagrup. Fam with Autoriza a trabajar
    • Child - Born in Spain in 2011. Indian passport(But perhaps he can get a Spanish since he was born in Spain)?
    • Child - Residencia larga Duracion with NO Autoriza a trabajar

Firstly, according to my cousin it's more or less impossible for them to get a Spanish passport. Partly due to the wife not having worked too much in Spain, and since my cousin ism what I assume a dependent he wont be able to get it on his own isolated from the wife? They haven't been full time employees for long periods of time in Spain.

Questions:
    1. If they want to relocate to another EU country can they? I seem to have read there needs to be a special EC written behind the residency permit?
    2. If they can relocate, is Denmark possible? From reading on the forums it seems that Denmark and UK are the EU countries they can't move too? But Sweden would be possible?
    3. If they relocate to another country, will they have to start "over" with the 5 year residency?
    4. In theory, could they work in say Denmark or Sweden, and still keep their papers going in Spain?
    5. Will the child be able to get a Spanish passport since he was born in Spain, and the parents had legal residency there?
    6. If the child gets a passport, does that have any influence on the parents?
    7. What is the difference between Renovacion Temp. Reagrup. Fam and Duration de Larga(Permanant?)

Copy of their residency cards CCI08032014_0001.jpg
    Last edited by Singh; 05-03-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Cards added