My husband and I entered into a contract for our off-plan property in May 2001. we moved in, in June 2003. It was 2 years before we got the escritura. In this we have been identified as 'self promotor' - assumably to get away without giving us a Seguro Decenal. We have never been ianything other than a purchaser, all the licences etc were dealt with by our Developer, we were just buying a house. I have looked at the website for this product and see it was law to provide it with new builds from May 2000. I have found information elsewhere, a BOE with a modification to the original LOE. It states that from January 2003 it is not compulsory to have the Seguro Decenal for individuals building a house, even if the project was requested prior to January 1st 2003. We have tried talking to our Developer to tell him that he was promotor, and as our contract was in May 2001 our house should have this guarantee. Has he managed to get away with this? Is there anything we can do? There are about 15 properties involved.