Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: NIE- US CITIZEN - just married to Irish citizen

Unregistered

Default NIE- US CITIZEN - just married to Irish citizen

I (a US citizen) arrived in Spain on a Estancia Visado on September 20th 2012, this visa (which expired on December 28th 2012) was extended with a Tarjeta de Estudiante which was valid until June 15th 2013. Meanwhile I had applied on May 8th 2013 to be married here in Spain with my (Irish) boyfriend of 2+ years. We were approved to be married on June 28th, and were married on the 19th of July 2013. I am looking into applying for my Spanish NIE.

Will I run into problems because of the 12 days of limbo between my expired student card and the approval of our Marriage request?

Where/ How do I apply for the NIE?

What do I need to apply?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Soy (un ciudadano de EE.UU.) llegué a España en un Visado de Estancia el 20 de septiembre de 2012, este tipo de visa (que expiró el 28 de diciembre de 2012) se amplió con una Tarjeta de Estudiante, que era válido hasta el 15 de junio 2013. Mientras tanto, yo habÃ*a solicitado el 8 de mayo 2013 que se casó aquÃ* en España con mi (irlandés) novio de 2 años o más. Nos fuimos aprobados para casarse el 28 de junio, y nos casamos el 19 de julio de 2013. Estoy buscando en la solicitud de mi NIE español.

¿Voy a tener problemas debido a los 12 dÃ*as de limbo entre mi tarjeta de estudiante caducado y la aprobación de nuestra solicitud de matrimonio?

¿Dónde / Cómo puedo solicitar el NIE?

¿Qué necesito para solicitar?

Hello,

No you won´t have any problems to file your residency application regardless that " limbo" you mention. You started the wedding dealings while in a regular situation and are now married, so you have a riight to stay with your spouse, and the obligation to file your residence card application within 3 months after having formalized the relationship.

The main documentation to be filed is your valid marriage certificate ( they have a limited validity ; 3 months ) , town hall registration certificate and proof or sources of income.Your NIE will be assigned on the same day you file your application, but it will only be that an ID number, not the actual authorization to reside. The resolution of such application takes between one and three months, depending on the province of Spain.

If you wish to have more detailed information about the process for you particular case, feel free to drop us an email.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile