Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Spanish residence permit by buying a flat in Spain !

Unregistered

Default Spanish residence permit by buying a flat in Spain !

dear all Lawyers :
    my friend is a Syrian citizen and wanted to know if he will be able to get a Spanish ( European ) residence permit by buying a flat in Spain ?
    P:S he lives in Lebanon and wanted to authorize me with the buying procedures
    any answer is appreciated
    best regards
    Can

Hello Can,

To date, the announcement made by the Spanish government informing of the possibility to obtain residency by means of buying property is not a reality, that is, there has not been any official Bill passed outlining the conditions and type of residency that would be granted in case the Law was finally implemented.

However, for those foreigners owning property in Spain who have their own business abroad there is the Non Lucrative Residence Permit Application possibility, that allows them obtain residency initially for one year, renewable after that for two additional years, being the main conditions to own or rent a property in Spain and then meet the financial requirements to prove the income is not sourced from Spain so there is no need to hold a work permit.

There is also the possibility to apply for a self-employed work and residence permit in the event you wish to set up a business in Spain.

To learn more about these two options, please click on these two links:

- Non Lucrative Residence Permit Application
    - Self Employed work and residence Permit Application

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile