Does anyone know if Naturalized or natural born Filipino Americans can apply for naturalized Spanish citizenship under the two year accelerated residency requirements? I currently have only an American passport, and am wondering if I should reclaim my Filipino citizenship before applying to start my 2 years of Spanish residency.

From my understanding, only natural born Filipinos, Iberoamericans and Latin Americans are eligible for accelerated naturalization. Therefore, it sounds like I, being born in the Philippines but naturalized as a US citizen, would be eligible, but my young son, born in the USA, would not. Is this correct?

My husband is a natural born American citizen, as is my toddler son. Since only I am eligible for accelerated (2 year) naturalization, I will be the only one applying for Spanish citizenship. Does anyone have experience in how my husband and son will be viewed by the Spanish Consulate? What is the best way for my husband and son to spend the most of those 2 naturalization years with me in Spain? Can they stay with me on tourist visa?