The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spanish Citizenship or Residance Permit for child born in Spain

Hybrid View

czar

Default Father Syrian National and Mother Filipiina

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello Atram,

A child born to Philippine parents is a Philippine national iuri sanguinis, that is, he gets his parentsĀ“ nationality even if born out of the country. He would have to wait for one year to apply for citizenship based on the fact that he was born in Spain.

The childĀ“s parents will be able to apply for legal residency once the child has a legal status in Spain ( Spanish citizenship ). As carers of the children, they will have the right to apply for residency by Family settlement.

Please feel free to contact me by clicking on my profile if you wish to discuss your particular case.

Regards,
    Hello Patricia

With regards to the quote stated above, I may have the same case. I am Filipina married to Syrian national and we are planning to travel to Spain. My question would be , if I am a tourist and will deliver a baby in Spain, will our baby be eligible of citizenship?

Hello Czar,

Children born to Syrian parents are granted the Syrian Nationality naturally ( iuri sanguinis ) so your child would not get the Spanish Nationality by just being born in Spain. Though he would be eligible after one year of legal residency.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile