Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Spanish Citizenship or Residance Permit for child born in Spain

Hybrid View

Hello,

The baby will be born Serbian ( you can register the baby at the corresponding consular office and obtain his passport ) , but as he gets the same right to reside in Spain as you, after the baby turns one year, you will be able to apply for his/her Spanish Nationality.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Sebastian

Default Dear Patricia

Baby Girl born in Spain, polish parents living over 2 years, with resident Cards. Is it possible to apply for Spanish passport for a baby?

Thanks

Sebastian

Hi Patricia,

Please could you help me with a few questions?
    If two unmarried Brazilian nationals give birth to a child in Spain and then move to the UK using a Brazilian passport, can the child apply later for Spanish citizenship as an apatrida? If the couple split, could the mother as an illegal immigrant in the UK apply from overseas for the child's Spanish citizenship - from your other answers it sounds as though she has to travel to a Spanish police station to apply in person. Also if the child is eventually granted EEA status, can the mother apply for Derivative Right of Residence under the Chen case, while in the UK illegally?

I can't find answers elsewhere, so any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    GaoDa

Hello GaoDa,

A child born to Braziian parents in Spain, if the parents do not register the child at the Brazilian Civil Registry, will be considered of Spanish origins. Therefore, the baby will be able to obtain the Spanish nationality, and his parents could obtain a residence permit by Family Settlement in Spain ( applied for from Spain, pesonally ), as the parents of a Spansih citizen.

I am unaware of the British Law in this case, should my wish to settle in the UK, as we spacialze in Spanish Law. I recommend you to make an enquiry at a British Immigration Law forum to find the answers to your last question.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Hello Patricia,
    My mother is born in Spain, she has an official document from Registro Civil.
    What is the procedure for her to obtain her Spanish nationality?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
    Hello Patricia,
    My mother is born in Spain, she has an official document from Registro Civil.
    What is the procedure for her to obtain her Spanish nationality?
    Hello Rosa,

Your mother will be requested to have been a legal resident in Spain for one year prior to filing her Nationality Application.

By clicking here, you will find all the information about the documentation required for the Nationality application.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Check My Profile

Hi Patricia;
    I am pakistani student here in spain, can our child get citizenship here still or the law is changed, mother is pakistani as well.if so, do we need to wait for a year or we can apply straight?
    Thanks