Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Spanish Citizenship or Residance Permit for child born in Spain

Hybrid View

Hello Karolina,

Please read my replies:

1. The baby will get the Spanish citizenship by birth and origins, as his father has Spanish nationality and is born in Spain; there is no need of the baby´s parents to be married.

2. If your intention is to get married I suggest you do it at the earliest to be in a regular situation in Spain when you give birth. If you wait until the baby is born, you will be allowed to be in Spain, that is, there are very little possibilities of deportation unless you commit a crime or offense, though you would be in an irregular situation until you applied for any of these permits: Arraigo Familiar ( Family Settlement ), that is the permit you will get as being the mother of a Spanish citizen, or , if you get married , the Residence card as a relative to an EU citizen. Both can be applied at the corresponding Oficina de Extranjeros when you are in Spain.

3. You can apply for the baby´s passport any time after his/her birth has been registered at the Civil Registry. Normally, the passports are issued on the same they are applied for at the Police Station.

4. Yes, as long as his father registers him/her as his son/daughter at the Spanish Civil Registry, it doesn´t matter where the baby was born. However the registration process will take longer and it is processed by the Central Civil Registry. You can read useful information about how to register a baby born out of Spain to Spanish parents here.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default baby born to romanian parents without residency

if a baby is born in Sapin to Romanian parents without residency, does;t he get the Spanish citizenship because of the fact he/she was born in Spain?
    Doesn't the law of the land apply?