Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Married to a Spanish national outside Spain

Hybrid View

Unregistered

hi there is no way that u get the citizenship without living in spain. my wife is spanish citizen and we got married last year and are registered in spansih consulate and have the certificate and family book. i got my visa for spain for 6 mnths which will expire in july this year. i haven't been there and will be going next year to apply for my residence card. is there is any way that we can show them that marriage is 1 year old and can apply for citizenship without living there as we both are living and working in UK only.

or

we just go their and register my self in spanish municipal office and come back to UK and after an year can i apply for citizenship. as my in-laws have their house and i can register myself on that address or anything like that.

Unregistered

Default What to do?

I am a Spanish citizen and I was married to a Filipino 2006 but now we are annulled in the Philippines. The marriage was never registered in the Spanish consulate in Manila. My main concern is we have a son and I would like my son to be a Spanish citizen like me. How can I go about this? I heard I have to register the marriage so that my son can be legitimate. and then what will happen next? I am already annuled with my filipino ex husband...