Dear Simon,

I recommend you to try and call the bank so they clarify the matter, as it is unusual that they are not answering your e-mails and letters. If still unable to contact them to find out what is the current situation of the property, I advise you to make a Land Registry search to confirm who is the current registered owner of the property and see if the house has been repossessed by the bank or still remains in your name. If still in your name, I believe you would still be in a position to renegotiate mortgage conditions or even a Dacion en Pago. If repossession has already taken place (most probably as two years have passed), some kind of formal notification should have been sent to you and you may have funds or assets embargoed in your home country by the Spanish bank so they recover their debt, although it is not likely it could happen.

We can assist in any or both actions; Land Registry Search and bank negotiations, so please feel free to email me on Patricia at Lawbird.com to receive further information.

Best Regards