I am an American Military member who was stationed in Spain. I am now living in the U.S.A. I had a relationship with a Spanish woman which produced a child, though we were never married. The child is now 6 and a Spanish and American citizen. I would like to possibly obtain custody, or partial custody. We have never gone to court, nor do we have any legal papers on the matter. I have been sending her money each month for my son because I want to, now she states that I do not send enough money and threatens to take legal action against me, and also says that she will refuse to let me have contact with him. She has in the past taken the money I sent for herself and uses my child for her benefit. She also in the past went to the Spanish Government and stated that I do not have contact with my son and do not provide for him to receive additional financial gain from the government, even though I have sent money, packages and have visited from time to time. Here are a few questions I have; How do I go about obtaining custody, and what do I have to do? Also what legal action can she take against me and what should I be prepared for? Thank you for your time.