Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: I'm illegal here in spain, what do i do now to get my permiso de residencia

Hybrid View

Unregistered

Default is it must to renew your Empadronamientoafter two years

Quote Originally Posted by Marta View Post
    Hi Jerry,

If you are able to prove that you have lived in Spain for more than three years, you can request a type of permit called: “Permiso de Residencia por Arraigo Social”. Amongst many other requirements, you will need to have clean police records in Spain and in your home country, and have a job offer with a minimum duration period of one year. For more information on this permit please feel free to PM me.
    if i dont have a resident card is it a must to renew my registration at city hall or i can go there after three years to get a confirmation,
    alot of my colleagues say i have to renew my Empadronamiento but i i did not understand why though as i still live in that same house and i am assured about that.

Hi,

You need to renew the empadronamiento every two years if you are in an irregular situation, and apply for settlement ( Arraigo Social ) after 3 years of continued stay in Spain. Once you are a resident you don´t have to renew the empadronamiento so often any more.

Regards

Patricia
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile