Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: I'm illegal here in spain, what do i do now to get my permiso de residencia

Hybrid View

Hello

As soon as the divorce has been formalized you will no longer have the right to be considered a resident under regimen comunitario; you have the obligation to notify the divorce. If you do not divorce, your card is still valid.

You can only shift to regimen general if you have complete 3 years of marriage, being one of those years a legal resident in Spain.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Hello

As soon as the divorce has been formalized you will no longer have the right to be considered a resident under regimen comunitario; you have the obligation to notify the divorce. If you do not divorce, your card is still valid.

You can only shift to regimen general if you have complete 3 years of marriage, being one of those years a legal resident in Spain.

Regards,
    Thanks Patricia,

One last question. After 3 years of marriage, I can shift to regimen general. So my question is: how long is the regimen general card? Is it also for 5 years? Do I need to have a job to renew the regimen general card?

Unregistered

Default 7106

Patricia, Kindly reply to my last question:

After 3 years of marriage, I can shift to regimen general. So my question is: how long is the regimen general card? Is it also for 5 years? Do I need to have a job to renew the regimen general card?

Thanks!

Hello

If you completed 3 years of marriage and one of them being a resident in Spain, you will be able to shift to regimen general and the card will be valid for 2 years. After that you will have completed 5 years of legal residence and be eligible for the Long Stay Residence card.

You will be asked to provide with financial documentation at the time of renewal/long stay residence card application. If you do not have a job, you will have to show proof of savings or proof the unemployment benefit at least .

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default hi

Hello. I'm not yet legal here in Spain. Just want to ask if I really need every month proof of stay for three years to be able to apply for permit. I don't think I have every month. Thanks

Regards,
    Lyn

Unregistered

Question permit

HELLO, i am not yet legal here in spain ,just want to ask do you know any system 1 or 2 year ligality resident permit . i know if i stay 3 year then apply for resident its ok but i need any other option for early or any system i can apply for student or work permit visa i have just my passport and its valid 2021 but without no visa so do you fever any best option please.thank you

Unregistered

If I came in as a tourist to spain from cental american how can I start apply for permiso de residencia without tie to spain