(I indeed posted a reply in a separate post, but thinking it may be better to start a thread discussing this subject, thanks for your kind attention and sorry for the inconvenience caused).

Hi there everyone, i am on this website coz i googled "non-lucrative visa for spain". i am from non-EU country and would like to move to Spain for good.

After doing some research seems the most possible way is applying for "non-lucrative visa". However, i have this concern of NOT being able to fulfil the major requirement of having $75,000 annual income... depending on HOW this is being interpreted...

MY QUESTIONS are --
(1) whether we are talking about INCOME, like monthly salary added up to annual income of this amount? OR
(2) it could be the money in my SAVING ACCOUNT, as long as i keep it at the required level?
(3) Also how about the asset like property I own and the rent income I get? Do they count?

This is really making me very worried coz if I don't work anymore in my own country and move to spain, i will not have such high annual income of $75,000 if this is what they want.

Actually it may seem complicated or silly... my dream is to reside in France on indefinite term... however, they don't have anything similar like non-lucrative visa... so my humble plan is to stay in Spain, get permanent residence, get citizenship so i could become EU resident, then i would be free to travel anywhere in Europe, ultimately staying in France...

I wish someone could share some comments to help me understand better or correct my wrong concepts if any... THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Below is the extract from the consulate spain chicago.

"Documentation and translation into Spanish that you have enough periodic income (investments, annuities and any other source of income) to live while you are in Spain (this will be evaluated by the General Direction of Consular and Juridical Matters) plus two copies. The minimum income required is $75,000 annually plus $15,000 per each additional family member. If stocks or partnerships are owned in one or several companies, it must be specified that no funds are derived from direct labor activity in these companies."