Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms

Unregistered

Default Another letter, new name I think.

I received one of these letters today. I live in Canada. The "lawyer's" name is Alexander W Blanc of Fal Attorneys. He claimed to be in France on work but was returning to Spain shortly. My "relatives" died in Cyclone Nargis in Myanmar.

Unregistered

Exclamation Vetter & Asociados, Valencia, Spain.

I got a letter yesterday from this firm. An unknown relative had died. 9.500.000 Euro to be spilt between a Dr. Helmut Vetter and myself, 10% goes to charity.

vetterhelmut@yahoo.com or dr.helmut@vetterasociados.com.
    Phone: +34 632690224 fax: +34 911820287.

I was only 99% sure this was a scam until I read this thread because it was real mail and not email, so thank you for adding information here! :-)

Anja in Norway

Unregistered

Thumbs down I received the same one!

I too live in canada and recieved a letter from a Alexander W blanc. Stating that a relative died and my inheratance is $4.2M
    I emailed him asking about his legitimacy but I know now that he is a fraud.

I just recieved a letter from Alexander W Blanc, another fraud...saying 8.2 million dollars is in a safe security company in spain and i am heir and would be entitled to 4.1 million.follow his instructions to claim.he says he's in france and will return to spain by oct.30,2013 .Beware

Unregistered

Default Scam from Ricardo Gonzalez

They're still at it, another 6.5m$ inheritance from a lawyer calling himself Ricardo Gonzalez, supposedly working for Abaco Legal with a phony email dagarcia1270@gimail.com

Unregistered

Post Barrister Otero Rodriguez, Mag & Associados, Portugal

The scam letter I received was posted in Portugal. I live in Canada. The letter says that his client, with the same last name as me, died in a car accident, along with his family, on November 21, 2004. He left US $8,650,000 in a bank account and since no family heir/inheritor has been found, Otero wants me to pose as the next of kin, because of the same surname. We would split the money 50/50. I quite enjoyed it and had a good laugh.

Unregistered

I received a letter today from William Z Riviere Abogados, a "barrister" from Madrid, Spain about a possible relative who worked for Muammar Gaddafi (exact spelling!) as an oil contractor for the Libyan government. The letter was addressed to the unique name I use on my Florida driver's license. They must be selling our info to scammers!

Ollie

Default Letter received in Canada

I was forwarded a letter dated in May 2013, addressed to my long deceased mother! It was dated May 7/13 and came from F M Law Firm, Callo de la cruz 92, 28012, Madrid, Spain. The post mark on the envelope was FRANCE!

The writer, Fernando Melvis, stated that my relative, Charles Schario, and his family had been killed in the Madrid Train Bombing of 2004, March 11. He said I was able to claim an inheritance of $6.8 million dollars which had been located in a "one trunk box/Diplomatic Personal Treasure" with a Safe Security Company in Spain.

As he was unable to locate any remaining family members he was authorized to present me to make claims or the vault would be confiscated. If I agreed, we would split the contents 50/50!

Just to be sure, I googled the above mentioned train bombing and was unable to find a list anywhere of the victims. I know that my family had European relatives with this rather unusual surname, but I have not been able to find any info about him.

I have chocked this up to an elaborate scam and am considering reporting it the RCMP Fraud squad.

Unregistered

Default Inheritance form Spain

I got one of those this year too. Posted from Valencia, Spain; I live in Canada. This is probably third or fourth letter of this kind that I received over the course of five - six years.
    They must be mailing them more in bulk these days - it was all printed (including signature) and the postage on the envelope was printed too. I remember that one of the early ones really impressed me because it had a post stamp that had to be manually glued to the envelope and the signature was really done by hand - you could see the indentation of the pen in the paper.
    The law firm referenced in the letter, "Rodrigo Ferrer and Associates", seems to have a very professionally looking website. The odd thing is that they list a physical address in Madrid, but postal address in Valencia, 335 km distance...
    Anyway, as much as one would want that to be true (who wouldn't want to inherit several millions...?) it's a pretty obvious scam...

Unregistered

Default Vetter & Asociados

Like everybody else, we could inherit 9.5 mio Euros from some person passed away with our same family name.

The legal firm seams to have a legitimate website (a lot of fake seller do as well nowadays). The address is Carrer de Colon 76 in Valencia - in that city there is only a Calle de Colon, so fake address.. than they give a phone number same as Anja from Norway and a different fax number +34 961 125 606.

I start asking myself how are these scams possible, aren't the technologies at disposal of authorities up to the task?