Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 31 of 75 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Warning.-Scammers passing themselves off as Spanish lawyers and law firms

Unregistered

Wink own goal

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Became a letter from Barrister Geraldo Brandis. This time it was a fund of 4,5 million Euro after a person who died in the Tsunami 2004.
    Email: geraldobrandisesq@ozu.es
    Tel: +34698714317
    Address: Passeig de GrÃ*cia 118, 08008 Barcelona, Spain
    I received this same letter. I'm living in Sweden. That guy who died had as same last name as my middle(!) name. Poor geraldo, you scored an own goal!

Unregistered

Carrer De Deu | Mata, 117 Barcelona 08029 Spain
    Abogado: Andreu Batllo Carlos
    Tel.: +34 (603)-181-456/Fax: +34-93-550-43-67
    Home Page: www.abogadobattlo.com
    The inheritance is $12.5 million. Death of entire family in car crash. July 13, 1999.
    Andreu is unable to contact anyone related to him in the United States. 10% of the money will be shared with charity organizations. The remaining 90% will be shared equally between he and myself. I am guaranteed the transaction will not be found illegal, ". . . however if this business proposition offends your moral ethics, do accept my sincere apology." Reply quickly by email either: abcabogados@abogadobatllo.com or info@abogadobatllo.com.

Really???
    Is it possible, if you could mention the name of the death family? I would like to know please because I received the same letter. Thank you.

Unregistered

We're in Canada and we received a similar scam letter today.....Tsunami 2004 victim with same name....proposed split of bank account funds etc (10% going to charity of course). Letter posted from Spain from (supposedly):
    Enruque Velasco Associados
    C/Villanueva, 24-3e dcha 28001 Madrid
    tel: +34 634 034 745
    fax: +34 935 504 015
    with a gmx email address
    Signed Barrister Enrique Velasco

So obviously a scam! Someone posted a comment much earlier about the scammers needing to invest in a new printer cartridge.....well our letter, with blurry off-colour headings, was evidence of that fact. Also whenever the words bank and money were used in the text they were in bold letters. Somehow that was supposed to convince us of the veracity of the letter?
    What is scary is that this scam must sometimes bear fruit as it seems to have been going on for years, based on the history of this thread, and the cost of the mailings, and setting up fake websites and phone/fax numbers etc.
    The real sources of their income, the older, less wary, will not be reading any of the postings here. We know that these kind of predators are out there but please make sure that your friends and relatives, who may not be so aware, do not become victims.

Unregistered

Cool scam bags

what is the name of the dead family on July 13 1999 ? Can you please tell me I receive the same letter in USA from A.B.C. Abogados Carrer De I Mata, 117 Barcelona 08029 Spain, and include the date the letter was sent to you. Thank you.

Unregistered

Default Don Edward Samuel

I am from Germany.
    Please add this to your List:

Don Edward Samuel

Cortez Abogados
    Hermanos Becquer 8.3
    28006 Madrid
    Tel +34634 120 674
    Email samueledward@gmx.com

Unregistered

Cool get the same kind of letter

from barrister ramos carlos . i live in Sweden. Has anyone answered to that yahoo email??

Unregistered

Unregistered

Unregistered

Default Same letter

I live in Norway and I just got the same letter that I could share $11.5 Million with him, so kind!
    Some relative and his family died in a car crash and bla bla bla.
    Also a yahoo email sent from Spain but was post marked in Valencia.
    Clearly a scam but at least it was nice that some one actually wrote me a letter!

Unregistered

Question

Carrer De Deu | Mata, 117 Barcelona 08029 Spain
    Abogado: Andreu Batllo Carlos
    Tel.: +34 (603)-181-456/Fax: +34-93-550-43-67
    Home Page: www.abogadobattlo.com
    The inheritance is $12.5 million. Death of entire family in car crash. July 13, 1999.
    Andreu is unable to contact anyone related to him in the United States. 10% of the money will be shared with charity organizations. The remaining 90% will be shared equally between he and myself. I am guaranteed the transaction will not be found illegal, ". . . however if this business proposition offends your moral ethics, do accept my sincere apology." Reply quickly by email either: abcabogados@abogadobatllo.com or info@abogadobatllo.com.

Really???
    can you please give me the name of the dead family,I received the same letter, thank you.