Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Permission outside spain with tarjeta larga duracion.

Unregistered

Question Permission outside spain with tarjeta larga duracion.

Hello

I m National Pakistan, having Tarjeta larga duracion on my father behalf. studying in pakistan want to continue my study in pakistan.
    My question is:-

1. with this residency how much time i can live outside the Spain?

2. Is it posible every year for 1 or 2 month i spend in spain and come back before completion of 1 year.

3. can you give me any link or web also to read complete information.

Thanks & awaiting

Hamza

Unregistered

Exclamation Permission outside spain with tarjeta larga duracion (REMINDER PLS)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello

I m National Pakistan, having Tarjeta larga duracion on my father behalf. studying in pakistan want to continue my study in pakistan.
    My question is:-

1. with this residency how much time i can live outside the Spain?

2. Is it posible every year for 1 or 2 month i spend in spain and come back before completion of 1 year.

3. can you give me any link or web also to read complete information.

Thanks & awaiting

Hamza
    Awaiting your guidance please.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Awaiting your guidance please.
    Hey,

I am not a lawyer but as per my information, you will lose your residence status if you stay more than 12 CONSECTIVE months outside Spain. I will recommend you to visit Spain at least after every 5 or 6 months to avoid any problems later on.

Regards,

PS: Here is a general link -
    https://www.cesargonzalezabogados.co...era-de-espana/

Hello Hamza,

A residency status is lost after 12 consecutive months out of the country. You should remain in Spain at least 180 days per year, though it is also common that the authorities are not extremely strict with this when it comes to long term residents, since they have a permanent right of residency and the card renewal is merely automatic every 10 years at the police station.

However, it is highly recommended to observe the minimum stay requirement ( 6 months per year ), specially if you plan to apply for the Spanish nationality upon 10 years´ residency.

If there are longer absences, and these are work related, the authorities allow two additional months, though this applies mostly to temporary cards.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile