Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legit check (scamwatch) for Litigation Services S.L.

Question Legit check (scamwatch) for Litigation Services S.L.

Has anybody got experience of dealing with Litigation Services SL?

According to its website, litigationservices. es, it claims to have a team of lawyers, but quotes details of only one:

"JLC Legal Services, University of Granada Spain", Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Malaga 6956.

According to abogacia .es, Malaga 6956 belongs to Jose Lara Cabello, dating from 20Feb2008. Senor Cabello appears to have no active web profile, nor an explicit mention on any website that would ordinarily list him to drum up trade. (At least, none that I can google from a UK IP address.)

The company form, SL, does not appear compatible with the requirement for profesional in the name (section 7 of uk. practicallaw. thomsonreuters. com )

What further evidence should I seek to be sure that Litigation Services S.L. might be a bona fide business, or even a bona fide agent of a lawyer, and not some con-trick?

Hello

JLC Legal Services is not a registered company, but Mr. Jose Lara Cabello is an active lawyer, registered with Bar Association number 6956, and who has a link with a firm in the Malaga province: Lara Abogados.

Possibly, his name is being used for a fake company but he has no connections at all with JLC.

Regards,
    Patricia Martin
    Immigration Consultant at Lawbird | Contact Me
    Check My Profile

Default Litigation Services (Delta Litigation)

Hi,

last year I have got contacted by Kate Master of Delta Litigation (Litigation Services SL) claiming I could get approx 20k back from a property bought in the UK 10 years ago from Instant Access Properties.

I paid approximately £1300, for translation services and courts proceeding paid via credit card and Klik & Pay in September 2017. I was told I would receive compensation within 9-10 months. It is now over 12 months and nothing has happened. They sounded very genuine, asked me to go to the Spanish embassy to get a power of attorney signed etc.

There is always someone answering their phone and emails and very promptly. They are telling me that some further investigations are taking place and hence the delay but something is not adding up...

I have received a call from them again (twice in fact over the past year). The first time I told them, thinking it was a genuine mistake. The second time I didn't and they told me the same exact story as if they weren't dealing with me at all. Last but not least, the voice of the person, now introducing herself as Katy McDonald sounded really the same as Kate Masters and when I said that to her, the line mysteriously went dead. I called back the number for Delta Litigation and someone informed me that Katy McDonald had "just finished for the day"...

I still harbor a small hope that they are real but the more I read online the less hope I have...

I wouldn't pay them any money should this happen to me again.

If I ever get the claim I will post on this site again.

Quote Originally Posted by mjt49 View Post
    Has anybody got experience of dealing with Litigation Services SL?

According to its website, litigationservices. es, it claims to have a team of lawyers, but quotes details of only one:

"JLC Legal Services, University of Granada Spain", Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Malaga 6956.

According to abogacia .es, Malaga 6956 belongs to Jose Lara Cabello, dating from 20Feb2008. Senor Cabello appears to have no active web profile, nor an explicit mention on any website that would ordinarily list him to drum up trade. (At least, none that I can google from a UK IP address.)

The company form, SL, does not appear compatible with the requirement for profesional in the name (section 7 of uk. practicallaw. thomsonreuters. com )

What further evidence should I seek to be sure that Litigation Services S.L. might be a bona fide business, or even a bona fide agent of a lawyer, and not some con-trick?

Default TwoF

I have been approached by litigation services SL offering to claim back a deposit for an apartment in Bulgaria they approached me Girl called Caroline Clark I have not paid any money yet can anyone advise me. Thanks

Unregistered

Default Ian

I have been contacted and have just sent them all my documents from Instant Access as well regarding 4 x properties i Brought through them. Litigation services are claiming that they can retrieve compensation for course fees, platinum membership, intro fees and rental guarantees. Sounds to good to be true ...No?

Administrator

These "law firms" that contact you out of the blue promising to recover funds lost to companies such as Instant Access Properties should be avoided by all means. These newcomers share the same modus operandi (and in many cases, address and/or company directors) as other now defunct "law firms" who took money from consumers for years and then disappeared.

You can find more information on the following post:

Unregistered

Default Peter

I was contacted by Caroline Clark just before Christmas on behalf of Litigation Services. I sent the relevant documents and of course I have a strong claim and will receive £66,000 pounds back for a property deposit in Florida from 2005.

Was rather excited to say the least but having found this site I will obviously not be parting with £1400 they want upfront to proceed

Unregistered

Default Lorna

I too have been contacted by Caroline Clark about a similar experience having sent back documentation I too had a strong case.
    Having read these posts I will also not be sending the €1200 they want up front!

Unregistered

Default Mr.

Funny.......there is no such thing as a free lunch!!! It seems that the catch is to ask the claimant to part with TRANSLATION COSTS....I like to hear from anyone who has actually got some money back.

Unregistered

Exclamation Platinum services!

Be careful folks, have been contacted by a company called Platinum services & administration SL, who have the exact same website from design to wording. Literally word for word the same as Litigation services bar the address.