Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Beatern up in Mallorca - resident

Default Beatern up in Mallorca - resident

Hi guys, to cut along storey short. I am a resident in Mallorca and last year was badly beatern up, also by a person who has residencier. I was rescued by a holiday maker , bless him!! Having spent several hours in Son Derretta I was taken to the Guardia and took out a dununcer on the person. This was issued to them the next day and they had 72 hours to go to the guardia station. Within those hours they returned back to the UK. Witness made statement to Guardia confirming thought he thought I would have been killed if he had not stopped it. I was asked to go to the Juzgado de Paz Calvia today and they advised it will go to Palma court even if they have not got them within 6 - 8 months. I asked why it goes to court if they do not have them and was told for damages. What does this mean, anyone???

Legal Consultant

Dear Sir,

If the suspect's details are already with the police, and there was a criminal offence committed, there will be a trial against him regardless of whether he refuses to attend to it or not. Depending on what the judge rules he may be obliged to pay damages (ie. compensation) to any victims, a fine or perhaps even jail.

Best of luck and wish you that justice is done,
    Legal Consultant
    Lawbird Spanish Lawyers