I am having issues with my old landlord. I rented a property through an agent, but the landlord didnt use the agent to manage the property. I left 2 months rent as deposit and also paid the last months rent up front. The landlord didnt want to employ a company to do a inventory, so the agent visited the property before and after we moved in and took pictures of the apartment.
We had some money issues while in the property and the landlord agreed to lower the rent by 200 euros. While in the contract, we missed the penultimate rental payment.
While in the property we had a problem. We noticed the bath was leaking and while showering, water went down the side and caused damp on one of the walls. I let the agent know and they told the landlord. Nothing was done. I chased it up and after another couple of weeks,someone came to fix it. The repair was terrible and didnt fix the problem. I again made the agent aware, who told the landlord.
The land lord is now saying that the damp was our fault and we should pay for the repair.
Also the landlord is saying we damaged the sofa. We didnt. You cannot see any damage in the pictures the agent took.
The landlord is also claiming we should pay the full, unreduced rate of rent for the penultimate month that we didnt pay.
This all adds up to 3 euros short of our deposit.
Where do I stand on this? Please help.
Thanks