Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Spanish student visa

SMoudgal

Default Spanish student visa

Hello,

I am an Indian national, currently in UK on Tier 1 visa. I have a contract job offer for an year from University of Oviedo in Spain as a Research Engineer. Since I was told that getting work visa is bit difficult, I am looking to enter the country with student visa. I have also referred to spanish consulate website where one point says 'Only applicants with permanent residency in the UK may apply at this consulate general. May I please know if I can apply the visa from the UK or from my home country (India)?

Hello SMoudgal,

Unfortunately I am not familiar with the UK immigration system and therefore I am not sure what the Tier 1 visa involves. Please speak directly to the Spanish Consulate about this matter.
    Marta Flores
    Legal Assistant at Lawbird
    Check My Profile

Unregistered

Default Need information

Dear Martha
    I need some more information to apply for spanish national visa. I have an offer for 'Research Engineer' position at University of Oviedo in spain and would like to know which visa should I apply for, in Spanish national visa category. Since the position is initially for six months, should I produce doctor's certificate and police clearance certificate along with the visa application form? Please let me know at the earliest. Thank you very much.