Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: what steps should i take please help

Default what steps should i take please help

hi can any one help ? my mother was living in spain before she passed away left a will, i was metioned as her child in the first part but was left nothing but all my brothers and sisters and here husband were, to my shock, in her will my mum put herself down as irish citizen all her assets are in spain can i contest will , how do i go about this and what would the cost be? the lawyer dealing with the estate is dealing with the will under uk or irish law( is this right) i have contacted him but has just messed me around for 3 weeks can some 1 please help ie spaih lawyer or steps to take thank you .

Dear Lloydy,

In principle you should be able to contest the will, if you mother was living in Spain and had no assets abroad. You indicate also that your mom put herself down as Irish citizen and then you talk about UK laws. As it is quite important, can you please clarify what nationality was she when she died?

You can contact me direct if you wish to clarify aspect of your application for challenging the will as you should do this ONLY if you have supporting legislation and case law which, on the basis of what you say, should be the case.

Best regards
    Antonio
    Antonio Flores
    Abogado/Lawyer
    Lawbird Legal Services | Contact Me
    Instagram | Read my Blog