Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: Internet Broadband Speeds

Default Internet Broadband Speeds

My ISP is Iberbanda and I have a 1Mbps wireless internet access contract with them.
    I have been suffering a slowdown with my internet speed and did a check using - http://www.testdevelocidad.es/

The results showed that I was only getting, on average, .5 Mbps speed. (Point 5)

I contacted Iberbanda and they state, 'The velocity test results that you send to us are over the guaranteed (10% minimum velocity in contract)'

I take this as meaning that if i received just .1Mbps (Point 1) speed then this is ok.

I cannot believe that this could be right.

Is there an Spanish Internet Onbudsman office that I could complain to?

Administrator

Hi GranadaAndy

Unfortunately, this is the way it works with ISPs in Spain, they only guarantee a minimum. If you check your contract, it should be mentioned in one of the clauses.

Other than switching ISPs, I'm afraid there's little you can do.

Regards

Thanks for the reply ifv.

I took my laptop to a friends house about 2 km away.They also have Iberbanda and I was getting the full 1 Mbps speed from their house.

I told Iberbanda and this was their reply
    'We understand your point of view when you tried in another customer services, but the services between two customers could be completely different for reasons that are out of Iberbanda hands

I actually find this quite unacceptable and I think that I will just become a nuisance to them.

Unless there is a similar system out there that will give me internet access. It has to be wireless as we cannot get a phone line into the house