I read this on another thread .....
CGT again!!
We are spanish residents and are also fiscal tax residents and have accounts done every year.We are trying to sell the house and go back to England.We are in the process of getting a document from the accountant to stop 3% being held at the notary.
We have been told that as long as we use all the proceeds from the house to buy a house in England within 2 years this can be offset against the CGT due in Spain.Presumably we would have to produce accounts the following year with the details of the sale in,
Is this correct,if it isn't,if we just pay the 3% and return back to England,would we be pursued for any more? ........
These people were told they were advised correctly .

I was also a fiscal tax resident and up to date with my tax returns up to leaving in 2007 . I sold my home and moved to the UK paying no cgt in august 2007 . I bought a new home in the UK in June 2008 with my profits but have not returned to Spain to do a tax declaration since leaving . Can I do the declaration now to show that my profits have been spent on my new UK home ? I DO intend to return to Spain to live again in the future .
Thank you