Search:     Go  
The Spanish Lawyer Online
The Spanish Lawyer Online

Thread: no electric

Threaded View

Question no electric

we have had no electric from the 2nd of july included for 22 days we pay our rent on time and have been living in the house now for over 2 years, we paid our last rent which was 20.6.10 up until 20.7.10. On the 2nd july on returning back to the house after being out for a couple of hrs we came home at 4.00pm to no electric , we got onto our rental company who we pay our rental to spoke to them and they said they couldnt do anything for a couple of days with it being a friday and they would sort it out on the monday as (not sure about this ) unelco are shut on a saturday. we have kept all receipts for takeways in whicj i, getting fed up with, my family has been split apart especially our daughter having to go and live her friends and me and my husband commuting from our house and our friends. today i phoned the rental company up again explaining we STILL dont have any electric and now they are asking for this months rent from 20.7.10 till 20.8.10 in which i have said im not paying until the electricity is back on. i have worked it out that out of the 950 euros a month we pay we only had 11 days of electric , im sure they need to credit us for the days we have paid up until 20.7.10 im totally confused by it all where do we stand HELP and do they have the right to ask us for next months rent when theres no electric in the dwelling
    Last edited by diane; 07-23-2010 at 03:50 PM.