Hi,
I am french and we have a house in Spain that we want to sell. Sorry for my english in advance :-)
We try to understand how much will be the costs for us, sellers, if we sell our house.
we want to sell it between 160 and 180 000 depending on the offers we will have.
And we have some real state on it, but we add the % of the real state agent on the top of the price of course (usually they charge 5% + IVA).

my questions are:
1 - as the owner (my partner) is not resident, (he has only the NIE), there is a tax of 3% of the value of the house. is that correct?

2- how is calculated the "plu valia" tax?

3- how much is normally the cost for the notary ? Is it the seller or the buy who should pay the notary ?

4- what is the "re-sale purchase tax" exactly? does the seller has to pay this tax as well? how much is this?

5- and we heard about the "registro de propiedad" which is another tax for the buyer as well?? what is it exactly, and how is it calculated?

6- regarding the cancellation of our morgage: we have heard that the bank can charge between 1 or 1,5% of the rest to be paid. is that correct?

7- And on the top of that, there is another tax regarding this point with the notary : is it true?

8 - As we are not living in Spain, and we dont speak spanish very well, we start to think that we will probably have to take a laywer or a sollicitor for all the "papers work"...
I have heard that usually they charge 1% of the value of the house. is that correct?

9- We have some debts with the community that we cannot manage to pay anymore, so we wait until we have an offer to pay it, just before the deal of course as we are aware that all debts has to be clear. Do you think this could be a problem?

10- last question! Is there different steps in the selling deal?
For example in France, you first sign a "promise of sell" without any money in the game. After a delay of 3 months, you go to the notary for the final signature and money story...
Is it like this in Spain? Do you have a delay between the firt step and the "real one"?
and do you have to ask for a certain amount of money for the first step or not??

Sorry for my questions, maybe it's too much!
Thank you so much for your help!

Regards
Celine